While you, as a landlord, are looking for reliable tenants, you too are being evaluated. What are the things that tenants are looking for as they choose a rental residence?
• Location. Being close to schools, shopping or work opportunities will be important to renters, but they will also want to be in a safe area of town. Don’t forget convenient access to transportation.
• No surprises. Good communication with the landlord is an important consideration to potential tenants. Explain to them their responsibilities for the property, but also give them full information on the benefits provided to them, including timely maintenance and advance notice of any raises in the rent.
• Storage and outdoor space. Even in the largest apartment or home, tenants need space for stowing seasonal decorations, gardening tools, or out-of-season clothing. Good closet space, some extra storage like a shed, and a space to sit and enjoy the outdoors are all things that tenants will consider attractive.
• Appliances. Some renters want to provide their own large appliances, but others will be happy to have a washer/drier, refrigerator or microwave as part of the benefit of their new rental.
• Pet-friendly. Rental residences that will accept pets and provide extra for them (such as a designated dog yard) are a plus for possible renters. A pet deposit or even an additional monthly payment will not be a deterrent to a real pet lover.
For advice or assistance with making your rental property attractive to renters, contact us online at www.rpmpremium.com or call us at (225) 570-8739.
Real Property Management Premium
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the
achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See
Equal Housing Opportunity Statement
for more information.